Tuesday, March 26, 2013

a fond farewell...


This is goodbye; my final post as your Community Networker.
My last day as CN will be Friday, March 29th.
It will be bittersweet.

MOPS has been a part of my life in some way or form since my oldest was 4.
That's about 6 1/2 years now.
I never thought I would love MOPS as much as I do. In fact, I almost left my very first meeting early.
I didn't think MOPS was for me. Yet I stayed...and kept going back.

Something drew me to MOPS.
Was it the atmosphere? Was it the wonderful smell of coffee brewing?
Was it the gentle caring nature of the MOPPETS workers?
Was it the awesome leadership? Was it the other moms who were in the same boat as me?

Was it God leading?

Whatever it was, I'm glad for it. I am, and always will be, very fond of MOPS International. It is an awesome task they take on...equipping, empowering, and encouraging women to be the best mom and leader she can be in the name of Jesus Christ! And I for one think they are doing a bang up job!

The enthusiasm and steadfastness of each of my leaders has just been such and encouragement to me. I have grown so much in leadership and in Christ over the years.

But now it's time to move on...to pass the torch. God is leading me on to other things. I am diving into my local church as a small group leader in their women's ministry, and volunteering with a local task force for Love146.

My hope is that whoever takes over my position will far surpass my abilities and performance to meet the expectations of MOPS International and, most importantly, you. After all, you are in need of a CN who can keep you informed of what's happening in your area, and keep you on track with your goals, meetings and leadership skills, in conjunction with your AD, CD, and CC.

So this is farewell...
I will always hold a place in my heart for MOPS...always.

No comments:

Post a Comment