Thursday, August 18, 2011

MOPS Convention 2011--a post by Esther Feng

Four days, three nights, 3000+moms.  No kids, no hubbies. Just a passion for Jesus, mommy-hood, and reaching more moms.  All at a beautiful fancy-schmancy hotel.


 


(This was the view from our room!)

Steven Curtis Chapman and his lovely bride, Mary Beth were there.




As were Mandisa, Sara Groves, Max Lucado, Lauren Dungy and Lisa Harper…


There were a ton of workshops on mommy-ing, womanhood, following Jesus, and of course, MOPS leadership. It’s a weekend packed with wisdom, fun, knowledge, and girl-time…and Jesus.  
I’ve been to five MOPS Conventions (I think…I’ve lost count!), and every year I walk away pumped, full of ideas for the new MOPS year. And a fresh encounter with Jesus.

This Convention, God reminded me of something he’s been telling me for the last four months (and apparently, I hadn’t heard it very well, since he had to say it again!):
Set Boundaries.

You don’t have to do everything. It’s OK to say no to some really great things in order to make room for what I have next for you.
Rest. Not just in a spiritual or metaphorical sense. Seriously, take a nap.  
Who you are is more important to me than that stinkin’ to-do list .
Quit stealing someone else’s job by thinking you have to do it all.
 Please, focus on what I want you to focus on….not all those extra expectations you’ve piled on yourself.


It’s hard for me. My responsibilities and the “needs” around me scream out, and with the best intentions, I run around trying to fill them. Until I collapse, burned out and tired, wondering what I did wrong.
So, for the next little while, I’m going to be praying and reading my bible, and listening carefully to where God wants me to focus. And draw some God-inspired boundaries.
Will you join me?

-Esther Feng, Community Developer
MOPS International


No comments:

Post a Comment